The National Hereford Virtual Show is THE opportunity in 2021 for all breeders of Hereford cattle (registered in the Horned Section of the UK Hereford Herdbook) to showcase their cattle. FREE to enter, Exhibitors just need to be paid up members of the National Hereford Club for 2021 before entering.
- Entries open on Monday, 5th July 2021 and close on Friday, 30th July 2021 at 19:00hrs. No late entries will be accepted.
- Each exhibit must be registered with the (UK) Hereford Cattle Society under the Horned section of the Herd Book AND must be showing on Breedplan at close of entries.
- Entry is free but Exhibitors must be the property of a fully paid up member of the National Hereford Club resident in the UK at the time of entry. To Join the NHC, please go to Join | National Hereford Club.
- Each Exhibitor may enter a maximum of 2 entries per class and a combined maximum of 12 entries in the show.
- Three photographs must be submitted for each entry, one side view, one front view and one rear view (each photograph showing the animal from top to toe). Where the animal has a calf at foot, 3 photographs of the calf should also be included - views as described above.
- In order for the judges to make a fair assessment, any photographs submitted must have been taken on or after 28th June 2021 and should not have been previously released on websites or social media, nor can they be released until after the 7th August 2021. By submitting photographs the Exhibitor is giving the National Hereford Club permission to use them for publicity purposes.
- Cattle may be washed, clipped & “dressed”, if Exhibitors wish, but this is NOT compulsory. No persons or other identifiers (eg banners/farm name) should appear in the photo. Animals must NOT be photographed on a halter.
- Photographs must NOT be taken by a professional photographer (unless the photographer is the owner of the animal) and must not be tampered with (photoshop or similar), other than cropping to fulfil rule 7 and remove excess background.
- Class results will be announced on Saturday 7th August on the Club’s website and on Sunday 8th August on the Club’s Facebook page.
- First placed animals in each class will go forward to a Female and Male Championship. The Championships will be judged by the 3 class judges (25% each) and a public vote (25%). The public vote will be opened on Sunday 8th August and will close at 19.00 on Friday 13th August. Details of how to vote will be published on the Club website and Facebook page.
- The Female and Male Champion will be announced on Saturday 14th August on the Club’s website and Facebook page.
|Ended 07/08/2021 09:00||cattle||A1: Female Championship|
|Ended 07/08/2021 09:00||cattle||A2: Male Championship|
|Ended 05/07/2021 09:00||cattle||B11: Bull, born on or before 31st December 2017|
|Ended 05/07/2021 09:00||cattle||B12: Bull, born on or between 1st January 2018 and 31st August 2019|
|Ended 05/07/2021 09:00||cattle||B13: Bull, born on or between 1st September 2019 and 31st December 2019|
|Ended 05/07/2021 09:00||cattle||B14: Bull, born on or between 1st January 2020 and 31st August 2020|
|Ended 05/07/2021 09:00||cattle||B15: Bull calf, born on or between 1st September 2020 and 31st December 2020|
|Ended 05/07/2021 09:00||cattle||B16: Bull calf, born on or between 1st January 2021 and 30th April 2021|
|Ended 05/07/2021 09:00||cattle||F1: Cow, in calf or with her own calf at foot, born on or before 31 August 2015|
|Ended 05/07/2021 09:00||cattle||F2: Cow, in calf or with her own calf at foot, born on or between 1 Sept 2015 and 31 August 2018|
|Ended 05/07/2021 09:00||cattle||F3: Heifer, in calf or with her own calf at foot, born on or between 1st September 2018 and 31st August 2019|
|Ended 05/07/2021 09:00||cattle||F4: Heifer, born on or between 1st September 2019 and 31st December 2019|
|Ended 05/07/2021 09:00||cattle||F5: Heifer, born on or between 1st January 2020 and 31st March 2020|
|Ended 05/07/2021 09:00||cattle||F6: Heifer, born on or between 1st April 2020 and 31st August 2020|
|Ended 05/07/2021 09:00||cattle||F7: Heifer, born on or between 1st Sept 2020 and 31st December 2020|
|Ended 05/07/2021 09:00||cattle||F8: Heifer, born on or between 1st January 2021 and 30th April 2021|