Three classes, two countries, one Southdown show
See some of the best Southdown sheep bred in Australia and New Zealand in 2020.
This show is organised by Southdown Australia.
6am Sunday 5 December Greenwich Mean Time
5pm Sunday 5 December Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time
7pm Sunday 5 December New Zealand Daylight Saving Time.
- Exhibitors must be current financial members of either Southdown Australia or Southdown Sheep Society New Zealand.
- All sheep entered must have been bred by the exhibitor.
- Limit of two entries per class for each exhibitor.
- Sheep must be shorn on or after 1 September 2021*.
- Each entry to consist of two photographs (front and rear) and 10 second video of animal walking unrestrained. Video and photographs may be taken before entries open.**
- Entries to be submitted using the online Cloud-Lines-Shows portal. Exhibitor to state which organisation they are a member of when they complete the Join Show form.
- Total entry numbers are limited to 100 (50 for each country).
- Entries close on 1 December 2021 unless the entry limit is reached earlier.
- No stud promotional or advertising material or signage to be visible in entries.
- An independent judge will allocate 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each class.
* Rule 4 aims to have all sheep entered as shorn in the 2.5 months before photographs/video taken. Earlier shearing in August 2021 with photography completed by mid October is acceptable.
** Rule 5 Sheep may be haltered for photographs.
*** Rule 8 Closing time is 8am Greenwich Mean Time, 7pm Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time, 9pm New Zealand Daylight Saving Time.
|Ended 01/10/2021 00:01||sheep||1. Ewe born 2020|
|Ended 01/10/2021 00:01||sheep||2. Ram born 2020|
|Ended 01/10/2021 00:01||sheep||3. Pen of 5 commercial rams born 2020|
|Ended 01/12/2021 08:01||sheep||4. Supreme Southdown|